Sunday, February 26, 2012

Academy Awards 2012 Hits and Misses

Hello my Lovelies! I am still watching the Academy Awards, but just cannot wait to start this blog. So many beautiful gowns and some that just fell short.  I am glad that no one completely bombed though. I honestly don't take pleasure in seeing someone make that mistake.

I found that I liked more dresses than I disliked! So, I will be putting the most focus on the positive, with just a sprinkle of my misses of the night.

Now, onto my personal favorite gowns of the night!

Ah, I love Michelle Williams. So beautiful in this Louis Vuitton red tulle gown. 

Gwyneth Paltrow looks so classic and beautiful in Tom Ford. She pulled the cape off effortlessly thanks to a soft color and minimal accessories. 

Penelope Cruz looks so classicly stunning in a lavender Armani gown.


Milla Jovovich brought sparkle in Elie Saab gown.


Cameron Diaz brings a soft femininity with Gucci.

Octavia Spencer looks lovely in Tadaschi Soshi.

                          Angelina Jolie is looking and noticeably feeling very sexy in Atletier Versace.
  

                                                          I only had three that I felt didn't make the cut.
                                             
Gleen Close, lose the jacket. The Zac Posen dress itself, is beautifully constructed, why hide it?

Not sure why Shailene Woodley chose such a matronly look. She is young and vibrant and this Valentino is just to old a look for her. 

Sandra Bullock in what appears to be an oversized Marchesa gown. The gown is pretty, but it should be more fitted. The way it is here, just ruins everything about the overall look. 

So, overall I like pretty much everyones look tonight. 

What were your hits and misses of the night? Any particular favorites or anyone who just did not cut it for you?





Image credit: Getty Images


No comments:

Post a Comment

I went to my favorite place today! The Library!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the library. I look forward to my biweekly visit so I can spend countless hours looking through shelves of books, and sitt...